Riverdale (the new Archie show on the CW)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Riverdale, the dark teen-soap drama on the CW based on the non-superhero Archie comics, is actually quite well-done and riveting television.

Of course it's not about superheroes, but who isn't familiar with the classic characters of Archie, Betty, Veronica, and Jughead, brought to life here with a considerable amount of teen angst and various mysteries to solve, such as the murder of Jason Blossom, and why Betty's sister Polly was sent to an asylum, etc.

As for eye candy, the show definitely has its share. Newcomer Camila Mendes, who plays Veronica, is very cute and shapely. And the actress who plays Veronica's mom Hermione is an absolutely knockout MILF on the Desperate Housewives level. When she kisses Archie's dad you can feel the sizzle.
Here are both of them:

And here's something interesting: Riverdale has an episode featuring tighter and sexier spandex costumes than any character has on any CW show (except perhaps for the likes of Indigo and Silver Banshee on Supergirl). But it's not superheroes..it's the portrayal of Josie & the Pussycats!

Of course with politically correct/activist casting these days, they "blacken" the entire band (Veronica is an add on. The original Pussycats trio was a redhead, a blonde, and one black girl), give the stage mother part to Robin Givens (who is also the mayor), and proclaim that the band has some kind of "woke" "cultural mission" (ie, to remain a black group) which it never had before. But I guess they kind of have to do it to get the black-actor quota high enough in the series, since there are no other black characters in the series except those directly related to the band (members + Josie's Mom & Dad).

Archie, who is a sensitive Jason Mraz- type singer-songwriter in the series, has a fling with one of the black Pussycats, Valerie. It's endearing.

Anyway my point is that the episode (#6 titled "Faster Pussycats ! Kill! Kill!" of course) featuring an entire song, Donna Summer's very sexy disco-hit "I Feel Love", performed by the four Pussycats (including Veronica) is worth checking out on its own dramatic merits, as well for the four sexy ladies gyrating in tight cat costumes onstage. Unfortunately, that episode has expired on the CW website and is no longer free to view, but you'll definitely want to catch up on it when the DVD comes out, or if you know someone who's taped it.

Josie and the Pussycats photos follow. I, for one, am really surprised that rather than tone down the tight outfits which the Pussycats have in the comics, in the name of Political Correctness and Non-Objectification of Persons of Color, they actually turned up the heat. Possibly because the director of the episode was male? Who knows. Good results, regardless.

What if someone filmed a Josie & the Pussycats peril video?