Heroines vs Villians

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just curious how other feel.

I find the predictable heroine being easily overpowered and always losing boring.

When there is a challenge and the heroine can win it, it makes it more interesting.

I also find Batgirl fucking Catwoman or Wonder Woman abusing someone with the Magic Lasso hot!

Thoughts?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I much prefer a will- she- escape- or- won't- she element, so I would rather a scenario where you see someone sneak up behind her with a chloro rag for example but she beats him off rather than gets meekly overpowered, then other henchmen close in on her but she wins against them then finally confronts the lead villain but then is surprised and gassed or something like that.
So you are unsure which elements of the story she will actually succumb to. If any - perhaps she might resist the gas attack too in some way. I prefer an element of uncertainty to the stories but I suppose ultimately I do prefer a loss but a loss after some genuine heroics. Too many are just she turns up and gets chloro'd/drugged, though I suppose a lot are customs.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The big problem with heroines fucking villainesses is that it's not heroic and it's totally out of character for someone as virtuous as Batgirl or Wonder Woman.

Mighty Hypnotic's "Argon Girl Transformed" gets around this problem by having a transformed evil heroine become more powerful than the villainess expected. We then have a logical reason for Argon Girl (Supergirl) to act in that way.

For a lot of people, the loss of the heroine's virtue is a big attraction to this genre. Usually, it involves the heroine becoming a helpless victim. However, I can see how the "fall from grace" could also be the heroine becoming more deviant than the villainess.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:Just curious how other feel.

I find the predictable heroine being easily overpowered and always losing boring.

When there is a challenge and the heroine can win it, it makes it more interesting.
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but I definitely prefer videos where the heroine is in some way formidable. I have no interest at all in seeing some bumbling moron get defeated. It's only interesting to me when the heroine is truly skilled or powerful and is only defeated by some evil trickery she could not have foreseen.
Blue-Scion

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Dazzle1 wrote:Just curious how other feel.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but I definitely prefer videos where the heroine is in some way formidable. I have no interest at all in seeing some bumbling moron get defeated. It's only interesting to me when the heroine is truly skilled or powerful and is only defeated by some evil trickery she could not have foreseen.
I agree the believable a heroine is and the more powerful she is makes her defeat alot more powerful and it will make seeing her weak so much hotter.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I too find the idea of a superheroine losing easily to be boring, particularly if up to that point she was unconquerable. If she loses fairly, it means she was never that great after all, which takes away from the magic. She should lose because of really dirty and unfair play from her enemy.

Granted, an established character that has already felt the sour taste of defeat repetedly throughout a series and has grown doubtful of her abilities and role can straight-out lose because she no longer has the heart to face evil. In that particular situation, it is interesting. A favorite scenario of mine is having an ordinary woman defeat and undignify a heroine repetedly through dirty methods, and one day find the means to equalize her powers. Then she can take her down fair & square, and that is the ultimate defeat which closes the circle of misery.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

the Mastermind scenario where the villain find an underhand way to win is good. But it has to be original or not often used. How many time with the chloroform rag?
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:the Mastermind scenario where the villain find an underhand way to win is good. But it has to be original or not often used. How many time with the chloroform rag?
Feigned injury is something that's not used often. The heroine would naturally ease off when she sees a villain/ess is injured and that she has now "won" the battle. The heroine's own compassion would therefore be used against her when the villain/ess springs the trap.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The best way to subdue an all-powerful heroine, who has been laying waste to your hench-people, is to grab an innocent hostage [a random passer-by perhaps] and use their peril to force a surrender. A heroine, hands raised in surrender can never be ruled completely helpless, so keeping you guessing if she has another move up her sleeve. The story can go in any direction from there: the "random" hostage is part of the gang; or another heroine with power of her own; the counter attack fails ignominiously; the hostage is revealed to be a loved-one of the heroine's alter ego and used to extract information or exact revenge...
How you defeat your heroine is important, but knowing where to take the storyline after that is even more so. One of the key rules to structuring a script is to write the end first. Knowing where you are heading makes it much easier to write - just try not to tip your hand to the audience too soon.
krispin21
Henchman
Henchman

I'm never tired or boring if a heroine is physically overwhelmed by a villainess, and at the end humiliated and abused.
I find it always so arousing. I don't know why, of course, that's only my fetish.
Better if the heroine is thinner of her rival. And far weaker in a fair fight, without superpowers or if the bad girl has same superpowers.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Dazzle1 wrote:the Mastermind scenario where the villain find an underhand way to win is good. But it has to be original or not often used. How many time with the chloroform rag?
I'm guessing imagination is your only limit when it comes to the heroine's vulnerabilities and the villain's deviousness. Also, you can always leave things to hazard. :laugh: I remember some nice drawings by Mr. X with Esha fighting Lady Midnight in a barn. Esha owns her at first but then a horse-shoe randomly falls on her head, leaving her dazed, and from that point Lady Midnight takes over.