New girl Gigi available for super heroine customs

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Gigi is coming back in three weeks and she is available for customs.
She will be here for 8 hours so we have plenty of space for customs.

Contact me at:
[email protected]
for details

Contact me at:
[email protected]
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

o.O

Pros ...
Between her petite size and her cheek bones, she looks 'young' and can pull off the rookie experience look really well.

Cons...
Fitting, that petite figure goes both ways. Giving her a stock costume is going to look terrible. Apologies for the comment but that supergirl costume looks like terrible on her mostly because of the fitting it looks like a thrown on bag.

That said, she looks good in the Black Widow costume, so it's all in the fitting.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote:o.O

Pros ...
Between her petite size and her cheek bones, she looks 'young' and can pull off the rookie experience look really well.

Cons...
Fitting, that petite figure goes both ways. Giving her a stock costume is going to look terrible. Apologies for the comment but that supergirl costume looks like terrible on her mostly because of the fitting it looks like a thrown on bag.

That said, she looks good in the Black Widow costume, so it's all in the fitting.

I 100% agree with you on everything you said!
no arguments from me.

The super girl costume is baggy and the only way to rectify that would be to pin the costume behind her making it fit well. while this works really well at fashion photoshoots it sucks for movies because we would never be able to show her from behind and that would result in the footage looking blocky and wooden.

The other option is to have a costume special made for her.
A latex supergirl costume would cost about $200 for her and I just don't have the money to dedicate towards it since we are about to take 5 months off and need to dedicate funds for the travel

I suppose if someone wanted to fund the suit I would be able to shoot a 30 minute custom, and then return payment in full come January 10th, but I'm not holding my breath.

But yeah you are 100% correct about the cons with her being so small.....
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

I dont see why pin the back to fit better would be a problem.

Just baste it a bit even to improve the fitting would work too, though if showing the fabric from the back being bunched up is a problem, thats... maybe why heroines wear capes?

If you keep the keep short, say to between the waist and bottom of her... well bottom, you should be able to hide most of the adjustments to the costume to make it work. This does presume that someone has some sewing skills to make happen, but really not all that much. It does mean that you take up modeling time for adjustments, which has it's own cost and overhead, but the model, might cut you slack on that time cost, since it's not really modeling time. That much of the business i dont know much about but.... it would make sense that they should.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote: It does mean that you take up modeling time for adjustments, which has it's own cost and overhead, but the model, might cut you slack on that time cost, since it's not really modeling time. That much of the business i dont know much about but.... it would make sense that they should.
That depends on the model and her current relationship with the producers. some models are just money hungry and will actually stretch out doing makeup and wardrobe because they want to get paid as much as possible for doing as little work as possible. those models don't end up coming back.

I have some long term models who i have asked to show up 15 minutes early to do their makeup and they always do. there are some that come at noon and take 20 minutes on their makeup and agree that we don't start until 12:20

So really its all about relationship and attitude. she has just started working for us and has never worked for any other producer before so we are kid gloving her and easing her in.
I might be able to pin the super girl costume...but really....the fit is only part of the issue.
I really don't like the material, and how it looks. its a cheap costume we bought when we first started. we really should just get a custom made suit.
meepmeep
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

She and Evangeline sort of look like they could be sisters.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

meepmeep wrote:She and Evangeline sort of look like they could be sisters.
I can see it.