Ignoring specific members

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

So, I've been on some forums where you can add specific members to an "ignore" list, making it so all of their posts are by default hidden behind a spoiler thread to you. Is that something this forum has set up or that COULD be set up?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sort of.

In the User Control Panel there is a section for Friends and Foes. Stupid concept, I know.

Friends posts will be highlighted, while foes posts will be ignored. Foes can still PM you which doesn't make much sense to me.

But that's what we have right now.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Philo Hunter wrote:So, I've been on some forums where you can add specific members to an "ignore" list, making it so all of their posts are by default hidden behind a spoiler thread to you. Is that something this forum has set up or that COULD be set up?
But Philo, I thought we were getting on well :(

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Nice feature! I didn't know this before
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ignored users' posts are still visible if quoted by someone else.

To be honest, I've never managed to keep anyone on ignore - even shameless trolls - for very long. A few blank messages always gets me curious to see what the person has said now. Particularly if they're getting a heated response from other members.

The idea of something being censored - even censored at my own request - makes me more interested to see what I'm missing. Even if it's drivel.

Forbidden fruit, vegetables allowed.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:Sort of.

In the User Control Panel there is a section for Friends and Foes. Stupid concept, I know.

Friends posts will be highlighted, while foes posts will be ignored. Foes can still PM you which doesn't make much sense to me.

Thanks MightyHypnotic, that's close enough!
Heroine Addict wrote: To be honest, I've never managed to keep anyone on ignore - even shameless trolls - for very long. A few blank messages always gets me curious to see what the person has said now. Particularly if they're getting a heated response from other members.

The idea of something being censored - even censored at my own request - makes me more interested to see what I'm missing. Even if it's drivel.
It's not about censoring someone. It's about me wanting to enjoy my visits here more than I presently do. There are a few posters who, well, can make looking at threads a bit of a mental chore.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:Sort of.

So now that I've implemented it and seen it in action I just wanted to say it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. The posts are hidden, but there is still the option to show then if other's comments ever lead me to believe the poster in questions comments are worth reading. Thanks!