Superheroine Erotica on Kindle

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would like some input.

I respectfully ask if you are a writer who publishes for profit and offers this material on Kindle not to respond.

Is the material and quality of writing signficantly better than what can be found here or on literotica?
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:I would like some input.

I respectfully ask if you are a writer who publishes for profit and offers this material on Kindle not to respond.

Is the material and quality of writing signficantly better than what can be found here or on literotica?

I'm not a writer who publishes, so technically i qualify, though i do work with some of them.

The quality of writing here is very hit miss, there are some that are rife with grammar issues, others that are one page gonzo get your fetish pet stories, and others that are from start out authors who need more work before they should really be entertaining the concept of being published.

Then you have the population who do both. They contribute here, to work out the bugs on stories and then publish them for the masses, or they refine their skills here and then write original stories for the masses. These might be better somewhat because a little extra effort is put into them but they're going to be pretty close to what you see here.

Then you have a few talented folks who really could be published if they wanted, but are for what ever reason arent. Some of them even exceed what i've seen as published work. Really these days, from what i understand anyone can be published, so it's possible to get a few bad stories too.

So, back to the original question. I will draw an analogy for you. Your question is along the lines of...

Is a new car really any better for the money you pay for it, to make it worth while to buy over a certified pre owned, or even used car which is greatly discounted.

Much of the answer really depends on how fussy you are about the details, how rich you are, and how lucky you get with buying the car. Used stuff can be diamonds in the rough that are worth more than what you paid for it, while new cars, in theory are nicer, can still be lemons.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

I know you asked actively publishing authors to stay out, but I have something I thought needed to be said that non-publishers might not be aware of. Amazon has some very strict (but frequently changing) rules for what kind of content they will publish.

What this means for you the reader is that there are some things you will almost never find on Amazon (although some things slip through their system): snuff, anything that goes beyond dubious consent to non-consensual, heroines that look or feel too much like established characters, and especially out right fan fictions. If your going to Amazon to look for any of that you will almost certainly be disappointed with your shopping experience.
Last edited by Philo Hunter 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Philo Hunter wrote:I know you asked actively publishing authors to stay out, but I has something I thought needed to be said that non-publishers might not be aware of. Amazon has some very strict (but frequently changing) rules for what kind of content they will publish.

What this means for you the reader is that there are some things you will almost never find on Amazon (although some things slip through their system): snuff, anything that goes beyond dubious consent to non-consensual, heroines that look or feel too much like established characters, and especially out right fan fictions. If your going to Amazon to look for any of that you will almost certainly be disappointed with your shopping experience.
This isnt quite true.

As i understand it, it publishes, but they're taken out of Amazon's search engines which makes finding them MUCH harder. Though if you know where the link is (say the author advertises it), then it's still possible to sell stuff.

Just much harder. At least this is my understandings from discussions with don.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Kitten wrote: This isnt quite true.

As i understand it, it publishes, but they're taken out of Amazon's search engines which makes finding them MUCH harder. Though if you know where the link is (say the author advertises it), then it's still possible to sell stuff.

Just much harder. At least this is my understandings from discussions with don.
I think, what you are talking about, is having a book "Dungeoned" with the adult filter tag. That is, indeed, a thing that can happen and yes, those books won't show up then in most searches. But this is happening less and less and an author who pushes the line (a line that Amazon isn't clear on and frequently moves) will find their book more likely banned/blocked. And if that happens too many times they pull your entire library down and there is little you can do to publish with them after that. So most authors who publish on there stick to the cautious side of what they publish, especially you rarely can get a specific reason for why a book was blocked/banned.