Deleting PMs from a Nearly Full In Box

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

How does one delete old private messages to make room in a crowded in box? I see no delete function.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

In your inbox there is a checkbox on the right called mark next to each message. Click that, at the bottom on the page on the right is a drop down box with the option "delete marked" select that, then click the go box next to that drop down menu.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Thanks! That did the trick.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks digitalbleh for responding.

Also everyone, you can delete messages on a one by one basis - when you are in the individual message, you should see the little 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the message you just click it and answer yes (or no!) when you are asked if you are sure that you wish to delete it.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:How does one delete old private messages to make room in a crowded in box? I see no delete function.
You mean you've only needed to know how to do this NOW? How big is the inbox - it must be immense?!!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
DrDominator9 wrote:How does one delete old private messages to make room in a crowded in box? I see no delete function.
You mean you've only needed to know how to do this NOW? How big is the inbox - it must be immense?!!

Thats right AEM, just rub it in - the fact that the Doc is Billy-no-mates and its taken 5 years of membership to fill it up.

You heartless bastard
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Also its not a bad idea to select all and export them into a file that you can actually go back and search for if you ever need it in the future.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
Abductorenmadrid wrote:

Thats right AEM, just rub it in - the fact that the Doc is Billy-no-mates and its taken 5 years of membership to fill it up.

You heartless bastard
Oh on the contrary old bean, knowing the rate of PMs from just myself, let alone other writers and all his fan mail I was wondering just how big the inbox could be to survive this long. But yes, I am a heartless bastard.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!