What are your opinion of Crossovers?

General discussions about superheroines!
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I like them myself so long as its not done too often and it moves the plot. The crossovers I remember are the two from Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman episodes with Big Foot and the Fembots. I also remember the ones with Captain Marvel/Isis. So I am OK with them myself.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Speaking strictly on Current series I like the way they are doing crossovers with Arrow and Flash and Supergirl. I just wish there was ample notification that its happening.
for example I was watching Arrow and following the story line and everything was fine when suddenly the next episode had team arrow with team flash and hawk girl trying to save her from Savage. I had to go back and make sure that the episode order hadn't gotten screwed up. after I realized what was happening I stopped watching arrow and got caught up with flash which then allowed me to enjoy the arrow episode more.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I had forgotten about that storyline. I am glad you were able to get into the storyline.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bronson881 wrote:I like them myself so long as its not done too often and it moves the plot. The crossovers I remember are the two from Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman episodes with Big Foot and the Fembots. I also remember the ones with Captain Marvel/Isis. So I am OK with them myself.
Remember the first one was a spinoff.

A crossover say like when L & O and Homicide is more of a parrallel

But in answer to your question most are not that good.
KennyLoggins
Sargeant
Sargeant

How much expensive a Crossover between Anastasia Pierce as Zatanna Mistress of Magic and Evangeline Von Winter as Batgirl might be ?

Don't forget to take in consideration both will need to travel.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Well written ones were:

Batman TV show had Green Hornet appear first as a window/wall climb cameo and then in the second season for a regular two part episode vs Colonel Gumm. Both were the same production company.

Magnum, P. I. and Simon and Simon did one as they were both on CBS and on the same night. The Magnum P. I. part was better where the Simons getting the drop on Magnum's group and only getting caught because of the cursed treasure.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

To take the conversation in a completely different direction...

When I write "serious" fanfic, I'm isolationist to the point where I don't like Batman and Superman interacting, even though they've been part of the same setting for decades. When I write smut, on the other hand, I have no problem with mashing DC and Marvel heroines together. The more the merrier, I say.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I loved the Superman/Batman cross over in the animated series where Superman impersonates Batman in Gotham city. "He's been working out".

The Supergirl/Batgirl cross over was OK as well.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I must say I did enjoy the SG season one crossover with The Flash - Ive not been one to watch a lot of TV but getting to see another hero has encouraged me to keep an eye out for that show. I particularly liked the interaction they had between SG and TF - there was a fun little cartoon someone had done comparing Batman v Superman and I think maybe the Civil War stuff like Iron Man v Captain America or something with them all angsty and then a fun little moment between SG and The Flash. It made highlighted why SGs character is special and why I really like her.

I had initially decided not to write a world of multiple supers in it when I first did SG & The Broker stories but permitted myself to let my "Spidergirl"-esque character in to it. It was a writing challenge to give a relatively powerless Spydra a respectable showing in a confrontation with a "Super" and I guess thats the challenge any show writers also have when mixing these characters together.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The problem I have with crossovers is when they are used as a tactic to make people think they need to buy so many other comics or watch so many other shows to get the full story. So someone who just buys the Batman comics or just watches the Supergirl show is made to feel that these stories are incomplete due to a load of loose ends being tied up elsewhere.

Last year's Supergirl/Flash crossover was fine, with everything you needed to know about the Flash summed up in a couple of lines of dialogue. This year's Heroes vs Aliens event, however, was a continuityfest. This sort of aggressive hard sell to the fans can backfire badly, as it seriously tests goodwill when producers start demanding that casual/selective fans must follow all their other productions.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Quality writing is the key to success in crossovers in movies and on television. Writers don't get nearly the credit (or pay) they deserve for successful productions.
femalewrestlingchannel
Producer
Producer

Crossovers are fine in my opinion. I just think the superheroes need to go more "Game of Thrones" to really retain my interest. I'm close to 40 now, and I don't know how many more shows I can watch where I always know the good guys win or they are going to live.

I think they need to build up a whole bunch of different superheroes, new and old, lots of new and old villians, and start having some storylines where there is some actual loss. The formula now when they do this is to build up a character up for 2 or 3 episodes, but it just feels like a tireless formula in my personal view.

Crossovers, if done this way, I also think would have more relevance.

All the DC stars unite to fight.............some aliens?

I watched all 4 of them, but came away kind of feeling like............meh.
Featuring content from the wider non-nude women's wrestling industry. We produce our own brand of female competitive mat wrestling as well. Come see what we are about!
https://www.femalewrestlingchannel.com
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Crossovers are fun. :thumbup:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!